Friday, May 12, 2006

No fun

I am seriously asking myself if it is possible for poor Lauren to go a week without illness. Just when we thought things were improving she has been struck down again. On Tuesday, she started running a fever (up to 39.7 degrees) but had little in the way of other symptoms. Last night, poor Lauren started having vomiting and diarrhoea.

When her temperature is down, she is content enough to play a little. As soon as her temperature goes up, she becomes limp and whimpers. I am plying her with regular paracetamol and nurofen to keep her fever at bay.

At least she is keeping down some of the things I am giving her. I am sticking to water, dilute apple juice and breast milk. Solids and formula milk were rejected with pursed lips and followed almost immediately by vomiting.

Poor baby!

So I am off work again to nurse the little one back to health. More sleepless nights for mama!

No comments: