Sunday, August 27, 2006

Slow Saturday

It's Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekend and we are all having a slow day. Daddy and Lauren are relaxing on the sofa and I'm having to hit the textbooks.



Lauren did not sleep well last night and so niether Jase nor I got a good night's sleep. She woke up several times in the night and was quite restless.



We figured out half way through the night that poor Lauren was developing a bit of a cold and that this was interfering with her sleep.

We had suspected that something wasn't quite right because she hasn't been eating properly for a few days. Last night, she was sick after her evening meal but seemed to be OK after that. No fever or anything, though.



As you can see, she isn't unwell with it. In the picture, she is playing on the sofa with Daddy, chewing the ties of his shorts and watching the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on TV. She seemed to enjoy the brass bands and the brightly coloured marching men!

I'm studying hard for the exam (still don't know enough though). It will all be over in 11 weeks - both horrifying and comforting at the same time! I'll just be glad when this disruption to our family life is over and we can get back to normal. I feel awful that I can't spend more time with the little girl.

Back to the books, I guess. Well, maybe one more hug with Lauren first...

No comments: