Monday, September 25, 2006

From a hotel in Middlesbrough...

I am sitting in my hotel room in Middlesbrough tonight, glad to have finally worked out how to get online. I am here for 5 days on a revision course in the run up to my exam.



The journey up was pretty good, until I got to Darlington and had to change onto what must have been the oldest train I've ever seen to get to Middlesbrough. It was dirty and cramped; not nice at all compared to the lovely GNER train I'd just got off!

I am in the Holiday Inn here in Middlesbrough, as it is close to the venue where the course is being held. It's basic but clean and will be OK for the next 5 days.



The food is terrible though. I have sampled the delights of the Toby Carvery tonight (wall-to-wall roasts, soggy vegetables and stodgy food) and am not sure I can survive another 5 nights of this! Problem is I don't know if there are other better places to eat nearby, and I don't have the car.



I am missing Jase and Lauren loads. They are having gourmet Chinese food cooked for them by mum over the next week. I've just had Jase gloating on the phone about the gorgeous meal they've just had, whilst my dinner is sitting like a large rock in my stomach. I was greatly cheered by the pictures of Lauren that Jase sent me this afternoon, when they visited the Wing Yip Chinese supermarket in London.



This is the first time I've been away from the baby girl, and I miss not being able to give her hugs and kisses. I hope she won't be too sad without her Mama! I'm sure she'll get lots of hugs from Grandma, Grandpa and Daddy whilst I'm away.

1 comment:

Jase said...

I don't want you walking around there at night, but you could take short taxi rides!

There is a chinese restaurant called Marton Chop Suey House at 450 Marton Road (which I think is a short distance North from where you are).

Belle Vue Fisheries is at 442 Marton Road (but that looks like a glorified Fish and Chip shop).