Thursday, September 21, 2006

Typical!

It never rains but it pours. There is so much going on just now that my head is spinning.

The first part of my exam is a fortnight tomorrow.

Jase has been made redundant and he finishes his notice period in the New Year. We cannot survive on my part-time rubbish salary alone.

The place where I initially wanted to apply for a job after my exam has run into problems with their funding for the post. So although they wanted me to apply and I would like to go there, I'm not sure it's a possibility anymore. I have no idea now where I want to apply for work post-exam.

Hubert, my youngest brother, is about to emigrate to the US to live with his fiancée. Obviously, whilst we're excited for them both, we're also going to miss him.

Now I think I'm coming down with a cold. What a bummer! I had a bit of a sore throat this lunchtime, followed now by that horrible, swollen / heavy feeling in the sinuses. I have no idea from whom I caught the bug, as Lauren hasn't got anything at the moment and I haven't knowingly spent time with anyone obviously ill (not even at work, bizarrely, despite working in a hospital!).

I think that it's probably the stress. It's weakened my immune system at an unfortunate moment. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I'm fuzzy headed for the upcoming exam.

Failure is not an option...

3 comments:

Sal said...

Hey, keep your chin up and best of luck with the exam x

GF said...

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and even though it isn't always obvious as to why, maybe Jase being in his job position and you being in a state of flux too is for a reason that will become clear.

It could be to provide you with the opportunity you need to make fresh starts anywhere in the world for example?

Rena said...

Well, you could be right. We going to keep an open mind to the possibilities, and then just see what happens.

Rena