Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Insomnia strikes again

After taking a short break from revising, I am back to the books for the final two parts of the exam in two weeks' time. It is very stressful, despite having passed the first part (I really don't want to have to resit because I muck up the next two parts).

It's playing havoc with my sleep. Having suffered for 2 weeks with waking up at 3-4am every night in the run up to the last exam (and therefore surviving on about 5 hours' sleep) I cut out all caffeine in a desperate bid to get back to normal.

Unfortunately, it hasn't quite worked. Last night I woke again at 3am and was unable to get back to sleep until about 6am.  Today, I've developed a really sore throat, lost my voice and am running a slight fever. I've had two colds in the last 2 months; very unusual for me as I am normally the last person to succumb and am almost never ill.

I've got a presentation to give tomorrow at St Mary's so hope that my voice returns before then!

I have a lot of ground to cover before the exams on the 8th and 9th. What a nightmare! I console myself with the knowledge that it will all be over in 17 days' time (well, as long as I've passed, I suppose!).

I want my life back!!

3 comments:

GF said...

I find lack of sleep gives me a sore throat! I know that probably sounds silly but I think it's just that I am run down due to lack of sleep and that brings the onset of health problems....

I find that just before going to sleep or if I wake up in the middle of the night, a banana knocks me to a deep sleep.

Strange but true - I know so many people (especially nightshift workers) who swear by it as a remedy....

Worth a try.

Rena said...

Never considered that one, I admit! I always thought a good book or a mug of warm milk was better...

On the plus side, have been sleeping better the last two nights.

However, I seem to have got some sort of laryngitis and have lost my voice!

GF said...

I can't pretend a banana will cure the lurgy, unless of course it's the dreaded Banana Lurgy!! ;)