Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lurgy

OK, I've officially got lurgy. For the last two days, my voice has been going, and yesterday I had no voice at all. All of yesterday I had one of those horrible headaches that no amount of painkillers could shift. Every time I coughed, it felt like my head was about to burst. Somehow, I still managed to give my presentation at St Mary's (though they did laugh at my lack of volume for a change!).

Last night, I was running a temperature and felt shivery, even under stacks of duvet. After a while, I felt all hot and horrible. It took about an hour and a half (and drugs) for the temperature to go down and for me to feel comfortable enough to sleep.

When I did get to sleep, I slept surprisingly well. I woke up briefly at about 7:45 this morning before going back to sleep.

Anyhow, I think I'd better stay at home in quarantine and not give it to anyone else. I was meant to meet up with a friend from work to revise exam stuff but I know she wouldn't thank me if I gave it to her just before the exam!

Poor Lauren doesn't realise I'm unwell and has been wanting her usual hugs from her mama. However, I suspect that she'll be fine, as I suspect she gave this bug to me in the first place!

Hope I get my voice back before the exam; can you believe the next two parts are both oral exams i.e. viva and clinical? Typical!!

1 comment:

Jase said...

I am being a dutiful husband... letting Serena sleep in the spare room whilst I look after Lauren if she cries in the night. I even went in late to work, as I took Lauren to nursery whilst Serena slept...
What I don't appreciate is being woken at 2:30 am by Lauren only to find Mama isn't sleeping but is sat up reading! Stern words were required!