Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Icicle Mama and Dada

Today, we decided to take Lauren to the park as the sun was shining and it seemed like a lovely day. We thought that we perhaps would not get many opportunities to do so again if we didn't take advantage of the good weather.

Unfortunately, we forgot that sunny days in January are usually accompanied by temperatures which are not too friendly. Both Jase and I forgot to take hats, gloves or scarves with us in our rush to leave the house. It was only 2 degrees C.

Well, let me tell you that I won't be doing that again in a hurry. Luckily, Lauren was wrapped up cosily in her heavy coat and the Cosytoe on her pushchair.



Within minutes, I had lost all feeling in my hands and in my face. We did get to see ducks, geese and squirrels (much to Lauren's excitement) but it wasn't a fun experience for Mama or Dada!



We decided to beat a rapid retreat into Chiswick for an early lunch and went to the fun Gourmet Burger Kitchen for some home-made burgers and fries. The hot chocolates were particularly welcome!



Sadly, all too soon it was time to leave GBK and head back to the car. I hadn't quite defrosted fully from the previous outing, and the biting wind had picked up pace. It was deeply unpleasant.

Fortunately, it looks as though I haven't lost any appendages to frostbite, but let me tell you it was a close call. Several hours and many cups of tea later, I almost feel back to normal...

Today was also my Dad and my brother Jase's birthday. Happy birthday Grandpa and Uncle Jase and hope it was fun!

No comments: