Friday, May 04, 2007

Kick, kick, kick

I am exhausted.

Work is a real strain at the moment. My department is like a war zone every day (and every night) and everyone who works with me is exhausted and demoralised. This is the reality of working in the NHS.

I've put in yet another 11 hour day where I've been rushing around on my feet the whole time. I hardly get time to eat or drink (and certainly no time to answer any call of nature) but I did eventually force myself to take a break.

However, on the plus side, I think we all still continue to do a really good job for the people we see and sort out, despite everything. It's just that often the management forget that and kick us whilst we're down.

On a brighter note, I've noticed kicking of another sort. For the last two and a half weeks, the baby has been kicking. It was only a faint flutter at first but now it is most definitely kicking. It's a really reassuring feeling to know that the baby is active and happens quite a lot during the day. Also, it seems that people at work are really beginning to notice the bump (and recognise it as such!).

At least now they don't just think I've put on a bit of weight! And I have an excuse to eat cake and biscuits (well, I will if I ever get a quiet moment at work)...

No comments: