Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trying not to get stressed

As a lot of you will know, we have had one hellish week. Life has been a bit of a roller coaster with poor Jase being made redundant (again) on Monday afternoon and me being interviewed for a permanent job on Wednesday. Although Jase is still looking for work (obviously early days yet as it has been less than a week) I am so pleased to have secured a permanent job to give the family some security.

Obviously, we hope that stuff will be sorted before my pay is reduced with maternity leave. I still have 7 weeks to go before my due date (but then again, look at what happened last time!) and don't plan to go off work until either I can no longer do the job or I go into labour.

Work is stressful as always as it is busy, busy, busy and there's always so much to do in a tight time frame. August is always a time of huge upheaval at work as well, with lots of new staff coming to work for us which adds to all the stress (for them and for us!).

Adding to all of this, I think Lauren has been a little bit under the weather recently. We don't know why because she seems alright from the outside and isn't running a fever or anything obvious. However, it might be reflux as she was woken up by vomiting on Sunday morning and she hasn't been eating all that well, which hasn't happened for a long time. Might have to go and get some baby Gaviscon to see if that makes a difference.

However, despite all of this, we actually managed to a pretty good weekend (despite the rain and news reports of flooding nearby in Chiswick).

Lauren was fascinated by this cat in our back garden.

Home 021

She also decided it would be fun to try out Mama's shoes!

Home 026

On Sunday, we had a sunny day and went to the park to feed the ducks. She had a good time on the see-saws and slides as always.

Home 029

Home 036

Unfortunately, I have a huge document to write and edit before Wednesday next week to aid induction of our new staff, so I suppose I'd better get on and do that. On the plus side, I am really looking forward to my scan this Wednesday and seeing the baby again!

No comments: