Saturday, December 15, 2007

Back to work

I am so glad that Jase is back to work. I am also happy to report that he seems to be enjoying it, despite the long commute.

He's having to leave at the crack of dawn, so we are both really tired at the moment. We're unable to get to bed early because of chores around the house and we get up in the night to feed the girls.

He tells me the work appears interesting and challenging and that the team are friendly. I'm just glad that he's out of the house and back in the office again, as he was getting a bit down at home.

I am a bit worried about all this commuting. It didn't matter so much before when we lived in Edinburgh because we didn't have the girls. It takes Jase about an hour and a half to get to and from work, which probably means that he cannot help with taking the girls to and from nursery. When I get back to work this will put me under a lot of strain.

Jase is currently experimenting with alternative routes to work to see which takes the shortest time. However, it all leads me to believe that we will have to move house next year, sooner rather than later so that he can cut the commute time down.

We need to start seriously saving up as moving house is a very expensive business these days, and there are still a few niggly jobs to complete around the house.

No comments: