Friday, February 15, 2008

Richmond bugs

Richmond bugs are clearly different from Hammersmith bugs. Poor Lauren was just getting over her cold; now she has chickenpox. Apparently, it has been going around her nursery and many of the children in her group have had it.

We first noticed a spot on her forehead about 3 or 4 days ago; there were no other spots at that stage and she seemed completely well. However, I had a bad feeling about the spot and thought it would turn out to be chickenpox. Unfortunately, yesterday I was proved right, as numerous new spots appeared all over her. She even has spots in her hair! I just hope she doesn't scar.

She seems pretty well with it though and isn't scratching or feverish. Her appetite isn't great but she is eating. She's been a bit clingy so I suspect that she doesn't feel quite right even though she looks fine. She knows something is wrong because she doesn't like me looking at the spots and seems quite self conscious.

At the moment, Jocey seems well and I haven't seen any spots on her but I know it's only a matter of time. Lauren frequently sleeps with us in our bedroom and has been doing so over the last few days when she was feeling unwell.

It looks like we'll be in quarantine for some time! Lauren will be at home for at least a week until all the spots are scabbed over and no new ones are appearing.

No comments: