Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Back to Work

I've been back to work a week now.  I had my first day on the Wednesday after Easter and was even on call last weekend.

I must say that I've really enjoyed going back.  I really like the work that I do and the people that I work with, so have had a great time catching up and getting back into the swing of things.  I was never born to be idle clearly.

The girls have had to adapt to going to nursery in time for breakfast (this finishes at 8:15).  It's not been easy for them, especially Lauren who is not good in the early mornings.  She's been a bit grumpy when we've got her out of bed; we are trying hard to get her to bed earlier in the evening.

It is harder as the nursery is not close to the house like before, so we do need to set out from the house earlier to make breakfast.  This has made it the most stressful time of the day, but I am hoping that in time we will all get used to it.

Originally, we had planned to move house this year to get closer to our workplaces and to their nursery.  However, various things have happened along the way this year which have made us decide to stay put for now.  We won't make any further decisions until next year.

The last two days have been especially difficult as Jase has been away in Brighton, leaving me alone with the two girls.  Despite everything taking longer, I've been pleased that things have gone smoothly and we've had a good day today.  Lauren and I have been painting, drawing, sticking and had a run around the park before the girls got cold and wanted to come home.

Lauren and Jocey are now having naps and I am having a well deserved breather.  We are all looking forward to Jase getting home this evening.

No comments: