Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Restored

We've finally seen an end to the stream of workmen at the house. They have been doing various jobs which, for one reason or another, did not get done when we had our original house renovation. However, like a constant itch which needs to be scratched, these little jobs have been bothering me somewhat.

So now I'm proud to say that the place in my hall which was missing the dado rail has been sorted, as well as our roof issues and leaking windows.

As well as doing our garden, we've had the front of our house painted and the front path restored. This is how our path appeared before we had the work done.

Front path 001

As you can see, the path (the original Edwardian one) was in quite a sorry state. It had this strange hump in the middle, the curvature of which had caused many of the tiles to become loose. Many of the tiles were also broken.

Luckily, I managed to find someone willing to restore the path to its former glory. After two weeks, this is the finished result.

House 003

I love it. I think that the new path is actually better than the original; that odd kink in the border is gone, as well as the "speed bump" halfway up our path.

I think that the finished front is just wonderful. Money well spent; we now have definite "kerb appeal"!

House 005

2 comments:

GF said...

Well, other than all the blinds being shut!!! ;)

Rena said...

LOL, I know. Mind you I prefer it that way to be honest. If the blinds are open you can see down the entire length of the house and I find that a bit intrusive...