Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So tired...

Since going back to work it has been non-stop; I have already blogged about how busy our weeks tend to be.  It has been quite hard to blog, especially as despite my best efforts to get away, I seem to be doing 11 - 12 hour days.  I think I have taken on quite a lot of responsibility since I returned to work and have been quite surprised at the volume of stuff I'm already doing.  I suppose I was never the kind of person to sit idle...

On my day off from work, I have the girls at home with me and often we go out to play in the big sand pit at the Park Club. 

Lauren 003

It's also an opportunity for Lauren to run around, play on the climbing frame and generally let off steam.  Jocey seems to enjoy it too, even though she's not at the stage where she needs to run around yet.

Jocelyn 003

Even at the weekend, we are busy.  We going swimming with the girls almost every week.  Lauren has turned from a girl who was terrified of the water to a child who loves swimming.  Last weekend, I put the armbands on her and she managed to swim entirely on her own.  She didn't realise it at the time as she thought I was still holding onto her; however, when distracted she was quite happy to paddle on her own.

The girls have had a persistent cough in the last few days after the tail end of yet another cold from nursery.  Unfortunately, this has caused us quite a few problems at night with both the girls vomiting after coughing fits during the night at the weekend.  This has taken its toll on us both and we are both exhausted.

I am on call this week so am especially busy.  I am finding it hard this week because I am so tired.

Last week, we were talking about our plans for our 10th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe how quickly the time has passed, as I can remember the day of the wedding as if it were only yesterday.

We had wanted to go away but were worried about money, as currently money is very tight.  I am sure this is the same for almost everyone, with the sub-prime disaster, economic slow down and the rising cost of living affecting us all.  However, we both badly need a break and have decided to go away to Dorset.

We can't wait!  We've booked an apartment overlooking the harbour and the beach at Lyme Regis.  In the picture below, the apartment is in the cube shaped building second from the left.


Lyme Regis Harbour, originally uploaded to Flickr by Andy Latt.

It will be a proper break away from the stress and strife of London and an opportunity to spend some quality time together, just the four of us.

There is a sandy beach just on our doorstep and a separate beach for hunting fossils nearby.  On the ground floor of the building, the owners of the apartment run an ice cream / buckets and spades shop.

What could be more perfect?

No comments: