Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sleep and no sleep

Over the last two days I have had more sleep than I have managed to get in many months. Sadly, this would not have happened had I been well. We were out with the family on Sunday night to dinner. Although I was fine at the time, I remember telling Jase at bedtime that I was feeling a bit nauseous.

Unfortunately, I got up in the night and was horrendously sick. I am not sure if this represented "food poisoning" or whether I am just so run down that I caught a bug.

Vomiting is such a deeply unpleasant experience. As well as feeling terrible afterwards, I somehow managed to sprain my neck and shoulder in the process as well as burst all the tiny capillaries on my face.

I have been off work over the last two days and have slept a lot. The vomiting bug has left me feeling drained and although I am not vomiting now I am still nauseous. However, I have to go to work in the morning nevertheless.

Poor Jocey has also been unwell and was sent home from nursery on Monday after vomiting too. She ran a fever overnight last night but seems fine tonight.

I think we all desperately need that holiday.

No comments: