Monday, July 21, 2008

Mahmahwah and bahbahwah

Over the last two days, Jocey has suddenly found her voice.  Since our holiday in Lyme Regis, we've noticed a big change in her.  It was the same with Lauren after out trip to St Malo - I'm not sure if this is just coincidence or whether it is due to the fact that they had just reached that point in their development where they were ready to take off.

Since coming home, Jocey has become suddenly very mobile.  She's no longer content to stay happily in one spot playing with toys.  She crawls at speed around the room investigating every nook and cranny.  However, she loves standing up even more.  She's constantly trying to pull herself up on the furniture to a standing position, and she even walks short distances holding onto furniture.

When she does this, she always looks so pleased with herself and gives us all such beaming smiles.

Over the last two days, I was surprised to hear her suddenly try to talk.  I thought I had misheard the other morning when she said "Mahmah" when I left the room.

She didn't do it again that day so I assumed it had been wishful thinking on my part.

However, yesterday and today we have had many "mahmahwah"s and "wahmahwah"s and even some "bahbahwah"s and "wahbahwah"s.

Jase and I were both very pleased and decided it was a draw.  What a clever girl!  I must try to take some film of her standing up soon.

No comments: