Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lauren's three 3rd birthday parties

Lauren had three 3rd birthday celebrations, even more than the Queen.  Her first birthday bash was held in the last weekend that my parents were in London, exactly one week before her actual birthday.  She was so happy!

Family 044

My mum insisted on getting a really nice cake for her from one of the cake shops in Chiswick - this chocolate one got the thumbs up from everyone.  Here I am with the birthday girl and her cake.

Family 047

Here's all of us around the cake.  I think Jocey was quite keen to get started on the eating bit!

Family 051

The candles were the ones that spontaneously relight; she was really puzzled by it all but dutifully tried blowing the candles out each time.  After four such attempts, Daddy doused the candles with water as everyone was dying to try the cake!

Here's birthday girl with birthday cake.

Family 053

Lauren then took a cake in to her nursery for her classmates on the Friday before her birthday.  However, she wouldn't let them cut it for some reason (maybe because she liked it so much; it was in the shape of a little piggy) and they are planning to have the cake tomorrow.

On the actual day of her birthday last weekend, Jason's parents and Aunty Madge came to stay with us.  They made her feel really special and made a big fuss over her, which she loved.

Family 063

I baked a vanilla sponge cake with vanilla butter icing and strawberry jam in the middle.  It was a huge success (thanks to a very simple Jane Asher recipe) and possibly the lightest sponge I've baked for some time.  I was really pleased with it and I think Lauren was also suitably impressed!

Family 070

After the candle was blown out (a normal one this time), she helped me cut the cake and she dived into the first slice.

Family 086

Jocey also happily tucked into birthday cake with Grandma!

Family 083

Lauren clearly had a wonderful time at each birthday celebration.  I can't believe my little girl is three years old!

No comments: