Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekend washout

We've all been unwell this weekend with upset stomachs.  Lauren and Jocey have both been vomiting, leading to multiple changes of bedding and piles of extra washing.  My poor babies!

Lauren is fortunately better but still a bit grumpy and tired.  She had a good day at nursery today though, and was full of laughter and conversation on the way home.

Jocey is still running a slight fever and has a runny nose and cough.  This evening, I also discovered that all four of her premolars are emerging at once.  It must be so painful; I gave her some painkillers and an extra hug this bedtime.  My poor darling girl.

Mummy and Daddy haven't fared much better, so none of us have had much fun this weekend.  None of us have had much of an appetite.  It was a shame because we all ended up staying at home, with the girls catching up on their sleep.

I actually needed a rest this weekend; I've been travelling into central London all week to go to courses.  Whilst it was fun to go on the courses, I don't envy the people who have to do all that commuting every day.  Being squashed into a tiny space on a Tube train during rush hour when you're tired and grumpy is no fun at all.

I had originally planned to go to the newly opened Westfield shopping centre, a huge new shopping centre in Shepherds Bush that I blogged about some time ago in anticipation.

It looks lovely on the news and I can't wait to see it in the flesh.  However, I plan to go without the girls on the first occasion as I suspect it will be mobbed.  Also, Charlotte told Jase that it was still quite child unfriendly as the lifts were still being sorted out.

Anyway, off to get some sleep myself now before facing another busy day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've now been a couple of times since the opening and it is much better. The changing rooms are fantastic and there are private rooms with comfy seats for feeding.

The lifts are still temperamental and according to one member of staff there is always at least one lift out of order per day. I have just ended up braving it on the escalators (maybe it's just me but I can never find the lift areas)!

One thing I do like though is that they have kept all of the children's shops (toys/clothing) in one area - targeted shopping!

Hope you get there soon. Charlotte