Wednesday, December 10, 2008

House of Lurgy

On Sunday, we were all struck down by the dreaded lurgy.  All of us have had sore throats, coughs and sneezes.  The poor girls have been running fevers too and have found it difficult to sleep at night.  As a consequence, we've not had much sleep either.

I've had the whole week off so far due to this.  I still feel awful and don't want to infect all my colleagues, who are working flat out as it is and I am sure would not appreciate being ill this close to the festive season.  Lauren is better and went back to nursery today but Jocey is still running a temperature.

I can't believe what a rotten winter we've had; we seem to have been constantly ill this year.  I do find winter in the UK pretty miserable at the best of times - this year has been particularly unpleasant.  I hope we're not ill over Christmas; that really would be the last straw!

No comments: