Friday, December 05, 2008

Work frenzy

Following my post about playing with dolls, I have had a chance to demonstrate our hospital's new simulator to our staff.  It all went extremely well and they were all excited and enthusiastic about getting to train on it themselves.

Some rather unexpected things have come out of that day.  Firstly, I am beginning to realise that I am leading on an absolutely enormous project which is getting bigger and bigger by the minute.  I have been approached by people outside the hospital interested in our simulator.  Some want to be able to train on it and others just want to learn more about what we're doing.

I have even been approached to do a research project with a really high powered team in medical education.  I was completely flabbergasted.

This afternoon, I am going to be interviewed by one of the local radio stations about the simulator.  Since I've never done an interview before, I am (and this is putting it mildly) pretty scared.

Looks like I'm going to be busy at work for the next little while!

No comments: